About the Author, Vincent Lecomte
Freelance photographer & journalist
Represented by : GAMMA-RAPHO Photo Agency ( Paris ) and Alternativa Photo Agency ( Grenoble, France )
Professional Registration number in France : N°SIREN 809782709
Vincent Lecomte is a 34 year-old freelance photographer specialized on issues of exclusion, migration and identity. He studied at the Ecole Normale Supérieure, a prestigious school in Paris. Professional since only 4 years, his images have been published in many newspapers and magazines in France (Le Point, La Croix, Le Nouvel Observateur) and in other countries : The Telegraph (U.K.), El Tiempo 24 (Spain), Mozi Magazine (U.S.), as well as in Russian and Asian medias (as News China and English CCTV). He currently works for two photo agencies : GAMMA agency in Paris and ALTERNATIVA agency in Grenoble (France).
In 2015, his reports on the ‘Republican marches’ (demonstrations after terrorist attacks in Paris in 2015) and on the condition of children in Lao were awarded the 1st and 2nd prizes at the Photographic Museum of Photographic Arts in Florida (U.S.). In 2015, his photo-essay on high altitude Georgian populations has been exhibited at the prestigious House of Photography in Lille (France), winning the 2nd prize. In 2014, his report on the use of digital technologies by Buddhist monks in Asia was awarded at the prestigious Kontinent Awards (U.S.).
His reports on isolated and excluded human communities in Africa, South America and Asia were exhibited in Paris (Palais du Luxembourg in the Senate, Salon International de la Quatrième Image), Lille (House of Photography), Nancy (18th International Biennial of the Image), Amiens (‘La Dodane’ Art Gallery), Metz (Town Hall) and Lens (International Festival of Art Crafts), and were the subject of several press articles. His work have also been exhibited in the United States, Canada, England, Brazil, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland and South Korea.
In 2016, Vincent Lecomte presented his report on Iran at the prestigious ‘Printemps des Photographes’ in Sète (South of France) and was invited (as guest photographer ) by the 15th ‘Festival of the Image’ in St Valery en Caux (France). He also published his second book, a photographic journey through Iran.
Reports, publications, exhibitions and events
- Reports on Syrian refugees in Lebanon and at the Syrian border (see here) acquired by the Alternativa Photo Agency in Grenoble (France)
- Report on life in modern Iran exhibited at the 15th Festival of the Image of St Valery en Caux where I’m the 2016 ‘guest photographer’
- Report on life in modern Iran exhibited in Sète (South of France) during the prestigious ‘Printemps des Photographes’
- Series of Asian portraits of children presented by the ‘Tandem Expo’ gallery in Paris
- Publication of my second photographic book, focusing on Iran
- Personal exhibition at Nancy in an art gallery downtown
- Reports on Arctic and Antarctic expeditions exhibited at the prestigious International Festival of Montier-en-Der (40.000 visitors). Official Selection by the Jury.
- Report on Georgian high altitude populations exhibited at the House of Photography in Lille. 2nd Prize.
- Photographs of the ‘Republican marches’ of January 2015 in Paris published in daily French Newspaper ‘La Croix’
- Reports on the ‘Republican march’ in Paris awarded by the Museum of Photographic Arts in Florida, USA (1st and 2nd Prizes)
- A 8-pages retrospective article and interview about my work appear in the magazine "Styles & Co" (France)
- Publication of my first photographic book
- My report on the Festival of Lights in Laos wins Performance Prize in the Humanity Photo Awards, China (70 000 participants)
- Report on women and children in High Nepal exhibited in Luxembourg
- Documentary about life in the High Sichuan exhibited at the La Dodane Art Gallery in Amiens.
- Reports on the isolated peoples of Africa Asia selected and exhibited at the Salon International of the Fourth Image, Paris (40.000 visitors)
- Reports on the condition of children and women in India and Nepal are selected and presented at the 18th International Biennial of Image in Nancy (15.000 visitors)
- Photographic series on humanitarian aid in India wins is exhibited in South Korea as part of an international peace conference organized by the international NGO ‘CCIV’. Second prize.
- Winning photographic series (2nd, 4th and 5th prize) is exhibited at the town hall in Metz
- Report on Ethiopian kids wins 3rd prize at the international competition "Black & White Children Photography” and is published in Mozi Magazine (USA).
- Report on the use of digital technologies by Buddhist monks in Asia wins Short List Award during the prestigious Kontinent Awards (USA).
- Report on Antarctic Research shown on the TV channel of the Palace of Discovery of Paris
- Antarctic Photographs published in French national newspapers (Le Point, Le Nouvel Observateur, La Croix, Sciences et Avenir, Publikart,...), in the Journal of CNRS, in Gazeta (Russia), in El Tiempo24 (Spain), in The Telegraph (UK), and in Chinese medias (including China News and English Cctv)
- Photographs projected in Brazil, Canada and the Cité des Sciences in Paris.
- Collective exhibition in the Senate in the Luxembourg (Paris)
- Collective exhibition at Unesco Headquarters in Paris
- Participation as a photographer in the shooting of the film ‘Oceans’ by Jacques Perrin, in Antarctica.
- Photographs published in the book ‘Oceans’ by Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud, Seuil.
View my award-winning photographs